Squaw Valley, the award-winning ski resort released a press statement concerning the recent E-Coli and coliform bacteria outbreak. The statement was in response to the reports that the drinking water at the resort’s upper mountain wells contained the deadly bacterial strains. The issue was first noted on November 8th last year. It came to the headlines after a case was presented in front of the Placer County Department of Environmental Health.
Since then, the organization has taken drastic measures to work on undoing the PR damage. To do so, the administration continues to treat the water on a consistent basis. The director of Placer County Environmental Health was quoted saying that water from the four affected wells was now safe for human consumption. The E-coli has almost been annihilated.
The health inspectors are yet to issue a green light, however. The guests and the visitors at the hotel have been warned against consuming that water until further notice. Skiing is still open for business.
Here are some of the highlights from the statement read out by the PR Director for Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Liesl Kenney.
Liesl began by reiterating the fact that Placer County had witnessed a massive downpour in the month of October. The torrential downpour must have triggered off the contamination. The company’s recently upgraded water system got flooded with runoff water. This problem got transferred to the other interconnected systems. The affected reservoirs are the ones based at High Camp and Gold Coast. Fortunately, the issue was contained before it reached the public.
The outbreak of E-Coli was quickly detected thanks to the due diligence by their routine maintenance staff. Upon visiting the site, they reported the concern to the relevant authorities, the Placer County Environmental Health offices. That move was quickly followed by an earnest collaborative effort to reach an amicable solution. The staff at Squaw Valley partnered up with other water experts in the district. These experts will continue working together until the issue gets dealt with entirely.
Number One Priority
The ski resort has provided their assurance to the public that the water supplies will not be made accessible to the public until the problem gets solved. The statement made it absolutely clear that the primary concern was to secure the health and wellness of their patrons. Until they issue a green-light, everyone staying at the premises is asked to use bottled water. All the other services and facilities remain open for use by the general public. Their customers will stay informed as to any developments and progress.
About Squaw Valley
The resort is world famous for hosting the 1960 Winter Olympics. It’s located in proximity to California. The facilities are endowed with pools, skating ramps, diners, restaurants and even a high-altitude golf course. Skiers can hit the undulating slopes and high terrains both at night and daytime.
The establishment remains open for the entire year. During the summers, it plays host to tourists who come in mostly for the outdoor activities. The guests come here for Yoga and musical performances. The CEO of the firm is Andrew Wirth.